Friday 17 May 2013

Noob Challenge 7, More Progress

Been continuing onwards with the Foliage Tutorial from the lovely 3DMotive guys a little bit more today, very very cool stuff indeed.

I firstly quickly textured my leaves as I knew that they were going to be painted onto the tree branches. This result left many of the leaves faces odd angles and generally not quite right so I went through each of them to fix em up and make them look right which took some time and a lot of tweaking and I hope it turns out that it's all worth it.

Leave Diffuse

Tree Wireframe

Tree Render 1

Tree Render 2
Quite happy with how they've turned out and I hope they look great in the end, although I might revisit the diffuse of the leaves as they look a bit desaturated. Only I don't think I actually can with the process I'm going through.

Or rather I could but I would have to select each individual leaf and apply the material to it.

Really enjoying the challenge so far and I have learnt quite a lot from it already. Foliage aside, I've learnt that I really really need to manage my time more carefully, maybe even draw up a plan of what I aim to achieve at the end of each day or week.

As it stands there's exactly 2 weeks left for the challenge and I've the gatehouse and walls modeled and unwrapped and the foliage I'm currently working on, however the ground still remains to be seen to. Hopefully all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment