Thursday 27 June 2013

What I've been up to

Since my moment of silence I have been contacted by a lovely fellow by the name of Kruma on the interweb to help him in create an RTS game built on the Source engine. My role in this endeavor will be to create the buildings that the player can use to assemble their base. Still isn't character design , although I am ready to leap at any opportunity to get some experience under my belt of working within a team, meeting deadlines and ultimately have the ability to say, "yes I worked on this", and hopefully I will be proud to say so.

The game in a nutshell is an Age of Empires 2 clone however the placement of towncentres is limited to only a few locations as they must be built on top of old abandoned buildings.

Which leads me to the first model I have made for this project, an old thatched cottage to act as the abandoned building.

The blue cylinder represents a person, just to maintain scale throughout

Hopefully it'll turn out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment